2017 Queen Elizabeth II Gold Five Pound NGC PF 69 Ultra Cameo
- Out Of Stock
- Product Code:
- PF 69 UC
Money back guarantee
Looking for something else?
Our team works hard to improve the quality of our coin collection so that you find exactly what you are looking for. If you don’t find a specific gold sovereign or that rare gold coin listed on our website, you can always contact us, as we also source coins.
To mark the 200th anniversary of the modern Sovereign, The Five-Sovereign Piece has been designed with special significance.
This design pays tribute to Benedetto Pistrucci's iconic 1817 George and the Dragon masterpiece, which is still admired today as a classic example of engraving art. The tools used to make the 2017 design were recreated from the renowned engraver's originals, granting the coin an unmistakable level of authenticity.
Moreover, it fulfills Pistrucci's ambitions by depicting St George encircled by a full garter border and inscription - just as the Italian engraver had intended.
Just 1,000 coins have been struck, each of which is made of almost 40g of 22 carat gold and finished to Brilliant Uncirculated standard. They are the largest coins in the Sovereign 2017 series and five times the weight of the Sovereign.
2017 G.Britain Pistrucci Sovereign 200th Anniversary £5 Specification NGC PF69 UC
- Quality: - PF 69 UC
- Country of issue: United Kingdom
- Year of issue: 2017
- Composition: 22 Carat Gold
- Weight: 39.94g
- Diameter: 36.02mm
- Reverse designer: Benedetto Pistrucci
- Obverse Designer: Jody Clark
- This design features Benedetto Pistrucci’s original 1817 ‘garter’ design first seen in 1817
- The Royal Mint reports that this coin was struck with tools remastered from Pistrucci’s 1817 originals
- The date is seen on the obverse. This is also a first since 1887