Gold Sovereign Jubilee Portrait Collection
You save £155.00
- Product Code:
Money back guarantee
Looking for something else?
Our team works hard to improve the quality of our coin collection so that you find exactly what you are looking for. If you don’t find a specific gold sovereign or that rare gold coin listed on our website, you can always contact us, as we also source coins.
Quality British Gold Sovereign coins featuring Queen Victoria are a great addition to your coin collection – with the limited release of our Gold Sovereign Portrait Collection, it presents an unmissable opportunity.
Now is your chance to own three Gold Sovereigns from Queen Victoria’s reign – each one individually displayed in its plush matt finished presentation case.
Each Tax-free Gold Sovereign features a different portrait of Queen Victoria:
• ‘Young Head’ Portrait
– This flattering neoclassical portrait of Victoria as a young woman, by renowned engraver William Wyon, adorned British coin between 1838 and 1887.
• ‘Jubilee Head’ Portrait
– First introduced to mark the Golden Jubilee, this design by Sir Joseph Edgar Boehm depicted an older Victoria wearing a small crown.
• ‘Old Head’ Portrait
– Also known as the ‘veiled head’ portrait, this engraving featured on coinage from 1893 until Victoria’s death in 1901. It shows what is perhaps the best-remembered image of Victoria – the old Queen with a veil over her face.
The reverse of each coin features the classic Saint George and the Dragon design by the Italian engraver Benedetto Pistrucci.
A design first used in 1817, on the original modern-day Sovereign.
This Gold Sovereign collection features the outstanding quality of the Royal Mint, renowned by collectors and investors the world over.
Queen Victoria Gold Sovereign Specification
- Quality: Bullion
- Country of issue: United Kingdom
- Composition: 22 Carat Gold
- Weight: 7.98g
- Diameter: 22.05mm
- Hand-selected to ensure quality grade